Saturday, August 6, 2011

We got CHICKENS!

Go ahead and laugh at us...we're used to it.:)  Jana hooked us up with 10 free chickens!  They lay about 7-10 eggs a day.  The eggs are a pretty bluish color and brown.  I must admit that I had issues eating them.  For some reason, it seem gross to me.  However, I can report that they taste good!  
Matt designed a fortress for them.  I had to reign him in a bit.  He cut his original plans down quite a bit.  He did a great job, though!  He is very talented with tools, wood and chicken wire.  I was impressed.  We realized that we need to make their yard a little bigger.  We hope to do that 'renovation' soon. 
The kids love them.  They have each chosen their own chickens and named them.  They hold them all the time.  They collect eggs about 4 times a day!  I'm sure their enthusiasm will die down eventually, but it's been fun watching them with them.








No comments:

Post a Comment