Thursday, June 2, 2011

Curriculum 2010-2011

I thought I'd post the curriculum we've been using this past year. We are almost through with our first year of homeschooling!  In some ways, I feel like it's been a lot longer.  We're still finding out what works for us.  It's always a challenge to find balance.

Waverly~Kindergarten
 Reading

Mormon Little Books
Mormon Little Books
Bob books
McOmber Readers





Writing


Handwriting, Traditional Manuscript

Math

Dora Math
Misc Kindergarten Math workbooks

Arts

Art workbooks: cutting, pasting, etc
Bastien Primer A Piano

Science



 

History/Geography

Religion
Articles of Faith
Book of Mormon Workbook from:





Conrad and Jaylee~3rd grade

Religion
Article of Faith
Book of Mormon Workbook from:



ELF for spelling, vocab, handwriting



Reading 


Star Tutoring Program from Alpine District



Math

Saxon Math



Aleks Math (For a couple of months)
IXL

History/Geography



Science





Handwriting


 
Language Program~Journaling, Spelling, Handwriting, Language Lessons from:


Music
Bastien Piano Books level 1



The kids also participated in :
Dance~breakdancing, jazz and ballet.
Activity Days
Scouts
Liberty Girls
Weekly Homeschool Co-op

We have done a Humanitarian Project for a Juvenile Detention Center.  (Hygiene kits)
We are currently organizing a Fundraiser for the Festival of Trees.  Donations going to Primary Children's Hospital.

"Fieldtrips"
We have gone to Thanksgiving Point more times that I can count.
The Hogle Zoo several times.
Hutching Museum
Carl Bloch Art Exhibit at BYU
Yellowstone
Ice Caves
Shoshone Falls
Swimming at Matt's hotel regularly
Children's Discovery Museum
Lagoon
American Heritage Center
Wyoming several times
The Gale Center of History and Culture
Parks
Rodeo

I'm sure I'm forgetting things.  This was good for me to put together.  As a homeschool mom I feel like I'm not doing enough.  This helped remind me of all that we've done this year.

I'm excited to go to the Homeschool Convention this Saturday.  John Bytheway is one of the speakers.  They also have a Curriculum Fair set up so I'll be able to check out new curriculum options for next year.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Jen. I'd like to check out that Story of the World book. It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete