Thursday, May 28, 2009

Learned something new about attending the Temple...

I learned something new about visiting the Temple regularly. We all know that we should attend often and we all know that there are blessings that come by doing so. However, I wasn't aware of these specific blessings. I thought it was interesting enough to blog about.
This comes from Val R Christensen, Rexburg Idaho Temple President
1. No weapon will be formed against them.
2. No combination of wickedness shall have power over them.
3. Those who fight them will dig a pit and fall into it themselves.
4. They will have angels to guide and protect them.
5. They will have the name of Christ upon them.
6. They will feel God's power in their lives.
7. They will be taught words of wisdom.
8. They will grow up in Christ.
9. They will receive a fullness of the Holy Ghost, to be comforted and led into all truth.
10. They will be organized according to the laws of God.
11. They will be prepared to obtain every needful thing.
12. They will be armed w/ God's power.

You all know that I'm a bit paranoid at times. For that reason, #1-4 are particularly comforting. Hope someone else learned something from this.

4 comments:

  1. Loved that! Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the blogging world. It can be fun! I can't wait to stay up on your lives. I am excited for you guys to be moving closer to Matt's work and family! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an example to me Jen! Thanks so much for you wonderful friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited you have a blog. I love reading blogs and some day if I somehow get a life and something to blog about I just might do it. Are you guys going to make it to the family reunion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that about the blessings of the temple. i am so glad it is on your blog so I know where i can find it!

    ReplyDelete